It will probably come as no surprise to you that, like a lot of home maintenance systems, lawn irrigation systems have become smart. You can adjust and control your irrigation from anywhere, no need to remember to adjust the watering schedule when you are home. You can, also, see if the system has already run.
Like most connected devices, a smart lawn irrigation system is controlled with an app and a wifi irrigation controller. Wifi-controlled lawn irrigation systems are designed to replace the existing sprinkler controller for your in-ground sprinkler system. Replacing an existing controller is easy for a lawn irrigation professional such as Greg’s Irrigation. Once we have it installed, you simply need to use the app and your new wifi irrigation controller to connect and control your wifi-enabled lawn irrigation system.
There are a number of benefits to owning a smart lawn sprinkler system with a wifi irrigation controller:
- Flexible, easy control: You can set up schedules, see a watering calendar, and turn your sprinklers on or off with the push of a button from anywhere in the world. If you have internet access, you have the ability to remotely monitor your irrigation system.
- Auto-scheduling: Smart irrigation systems allow you to set different schedules for different area of you landscape
- Real-time weather awareness: A smart irrigation system detects predicted rainfall and automatically shut off or not even start your sprinklers so you can take advantage of mother nature’s own sprinkler system
- Smart Watering: Wifi irrigation can gather real time weather and adjust the watering schedule based on current conditions. They can automatically break up watering times into smaller segments to help the water soak in and reduce run-off. The no water window will make sure all watering is complete before restricted time this is helpful with water bans set up by your city or town.
- Water and money savings: All this automation will save water and in turn reduce your water bill.
- Voice controls: Many smart irrigation systems enable you to use your home smart speakers as your wifi irrigation controller. Just tell Alexa what you want your system to do, and she’ll make sure it happens.
- Contractor control: Greg’s Irrigation can be linked to the controller. They will be notified of any problems and will automatically schedule a time to address the problem. This helps save your landscape and problems can be corrected before things die. Also, they can help change the programming or answer question over the phone to save time and expensive service calls to readjust your system
These are just some of the reasons why it makes great sense to install a smart lawn irrigation system for your lawn, using a wifi irrigation controller. To learn more, contact the irrigation specialists here at Greg’s Irrigation.
Contact us today!